Friday 16 October 2015

Preparing for the "Big Weekend'

 No, you haven't got the wrong month, but this weekend is a 'big' one in the village; in fact you could say it is a huge weekend.

Firstly, there's our folk and beer weekend organised by Gegenforde, which starts with a ceilidh tonight and continues with music tomorrow night: Gegenforde,The Savage Myrtles and Scherzo. I nearly forgot that Cream Teas, the young fiddle band from Barney are playing tonight.

It is a big weekend as well because our Vicar, Martin, is leaving us to take up a post in Tynemouth. So tomorrow is a day for goodbyes to him and Louise. We have a Family Service in the morning and a Praise Service in the evening with a presentation. Our Church band will be playing at both.

Before all of that there is band practice this morning and choir practice this afternoon.
I am exhausted just writing about it.

Why am I writing a blog about the weekend anyway? Well, Martin has a written a weekly email which had a big circulation and was well received, and I thought it might  be an idea to use my blog as means of sharing information and expressing the occasional viewpoint. It will not be like Martin's, nor will it be in competition. I shall be doing a little more in the parish during the vacancy so it will be good to use the blog as a kind of diary.

I hope to publish one a week, usually Fridays and will be happy to include in the blog anything you want to reach a wider audience. I say 'wider audience' but that might only be half a dozen people.

That was a quick intro but time now to gird up my loins, gather my accordion and whistle and get in some practice.

Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment

35 years as a priest

On Sunday the 1st October I celebrated the 35th anniversary of my ordination as a priest. I also decided that was a good pointmot step do...