Monday 24 November 2014

A note from confusedneil.com

My wife is always telling me that I spend too much time on the computer/tablet/phone, and if not on them I can be found in the study making extraneous noises on a piano/accordion/autoharp/whistle/guitar.

Annoyingly my wife is usually right and it was on the way to an accordion lesson in Middlesborough that a series of events began which have almost convinced me that I need to radically change my lifestyle. I hope a meeting at the Vicarage earlier was not an omen though. Martin, our lovely vicar, revealed that he is to introduce an Alpha course in the parish. My acquaintance with the suave Nicky Gumbell's sermons over the years have failed to change my life as promised and I think I am too old in the tooth to let him have another shot.

Where was I? Oh yes, technology. It began with a series of phone calls in the car ( l was not driving reader) regarding a crisis at the village hall which turned out to be a non crisis. The day continued with a string of emails in which I managed to confuse the Big Weekend committee talking about 2 bands, The Savage Myrtles and The Smoking Spitfires - that really is what they are called. The last straw was receiving a text message this evening but responding to one from the same sender 2 months ago. That REALLY had people confused.

I am left with 3 courses a) ditch the communication technology, b) give Mr Gumbell another chance or c) shut myself in the study.

I'll ask my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

35 years as a priest

On Sunday the 1st October I celebrated the 35th anniversary of my ordination as a priest. I also decided that was a good pointmot step do...